The mission of the Central Illinois Autism Association is to provide information and support to individuals affected by austism spectrum disorders, their families, friends and the professional communities with who they interact through public awareness, education, legislation and research.
- To promote and advocate for the general welfare of persons with autism.
- To further the advancement of all research, therapy, and care of persons with autism.
- To develop a better understanding of the problems of persons with autism by the public in our area.
- To promote the education and training of persons with autism and to foster the development of integrated care on their behalf.
- To promote the establishment of adequate diagnostic, therapeutic, educational, and recreational facilities for persons with autism.
- To further the education and training of parents and professional personnel for training, educating, and caring for persons with autism.
- To serve as a clearinghouse for gathering and disseminating information regarding persons with autism.
- To solicit and receive funds for the accomplishment of the above purposes.